Not the Same Old Song and Dance
Please join us on March 13th, 2018, for DWT’s 8th Annual Portland Employment Law Seminar from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Oregon Zoo. This year’s discussion about Not the Same Old Song and Dance will focus on innovative approaches to common workplace problems and review new laws that apply to employers in Oregon.
Davis Wright Tremaine attorneys will lead interactive discussions to help managers identify warning signs in the workplace, and to help design strategies to address workplace issues. Business owners and HR professionals are encouraged to bring their risk managers, frontline managers, and supervisors to this program to participate in our problem-solving exercises. The speakers will cover a range of timely and important topics, including:
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T. – Find Out What It Means To #metoo: A comprehensive training about more than sexual harassment.
- The Times They Are A Changin’: Our annual review of new laws that apply to employers.
- ICE, ICE, Baby: An overview of immigration enforcement site visits and audits.
- Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems: An employer-focused update on recent changes to tax laws.
- Everybody Hurts: An interactive discussion about employee health, accommodations, and leave.
Davis Wright Tremaine attorneys Sarah Ames, Brent Hamilton, Stuart Harris, Leah Lively, Chrys Martin, Jenna Mooney, Christie Totten, and Megan Vogel will lead the program.
Registration fee: The first three registrants for each company will receive free admission; $50 for each additional registrant.
Credits: 2.75 HRCI, SHRM and CLE credits pending