What Keeps You Up at Night? (And How to Sleep Soundly Again)
Registration & Breakfast
Please join us for DWT’s 9th Annual Portland Employment Law Seminar from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Oregon Zoo. This year’s discussion about What Keeps You Up at Night? (And How to Sleep Soundly Again) will focus on common employment problems that cause business owners, HR professionals, in-house counsel, risk and frontline managers and supervisors to lose sleep.
Our attorneys will lead interactive discussions to help you tackle issues and rest easier, including:
- Avoiding Restless Nights (Disruptive Employees): A training that will explore best practices to effectively deal with disruptive employees.
- Checking Under the Bed (Workplace Investigations): A discussion about structuring and conducting workplace investigations (in a #MeToo era) that will help you leave no stone unturned, while understanding the impact on possible litigation.
- Counting Sheep (Benefits and Tax): An overview of how to help you spot and handle tax and benefits red flags.
- Finding Your Dream Number (Pay Equity): A deep dive into hot issues and practical strategies to navigate Oregon’s new pay equity laws in a way that works for your business..
- Confirming Your Wake-Up Call (New Laws): Our annual review of new laws that apply to Oregon (and Washington) employers.
Davis Wright Tremaine attorneys Sarah Ames, Brent Hamilton, Stuart Harris, Leah Lively, Florence Mao, Chrys Martin, Jenna Mooney, Christie Totten, and Laura Turczanski will lead the program.
Registration fee: The first three registrants for each company will receive free admission; $50 for each additional registrant.
Credits: 3.0 HRCI, SHRM and CLE credits pending
Register early; space is limited!